AARP SERVICES, INC and INFLUENT 50 (2014 – 2016)
For-profit subsidiary of AARP that oversees the marketing and quality assurance of AARP-endorsed products and services.
Job Title: Digital Channel Manager/Web Product Manager
- Website editorial (copy guidelines)
- Internal and client presentations on digital strategy
- Executive communications
- Procurement documentation (SOWs, RFPs, etc.)
- Digital project and operations documentation for aarpmemberadvantages.com (plans, strategies, overviews and briefs)
- System requirements documentation (user stories, use cases, business story cards etc.)
- Internal training documetation
Samples: Content Workflow Deck | Web Survey Tools Presentation Overview
PROSHARES (2007 – 2013)
Top 10 exchange traded fund (ETF) asset manager and #1 provider of leveraged and inverse funds.
Job title: Manager, Web Marketing
- Digital content/editorial input and guidance (web, email and Adwords SEM copy)
- Vendor assessments and evaluations
- Content Strategy Documentation (audits, inventories and briefs)
- Web Planning Documentation for CMS and data management
- Project Requirements
- Process Documentation (e.g., for operations, lead generation and data feed processes)
- Program Frameworks and Diagrams – Web, Email, AdWords
- Executive Communications (briefs, FAQs, presentations)
Samples: Product Landing Page | White Paper Email | AdWords Copy | Online Communications for Issues Management Tactics Report | Website Datafeed Infographic
FANNIE MAE (CONTRACT POSITION, 2006 – 2007)
Government-sponsored financial corporation responsible for expanding the secondary mortgage market.
Job title: Corporate Communications Consultant, Customer Technology Solutions Group
- Communications Strategy Briefs and Plans
- Corporate communications copy delivered via email and intranet sites.
- End User Survey Reports
- Project and training documentation
Sample: Communications Plan | Survey Report
COMPUTECH, INC. (2002 – 2006)
An IT professional services firm focused on full cycle software development and maintenance, primarily for federal clients.
My titles: Web Analyst; promoted from Technical Writer in 2004.
- System Technical Documentation
- Requirements, System Framework Diagrams, Programmer Standards Guides, Procedure Guides, System “help”
- Content Strategy Documentation
- Briefs, Project Charters
- User Experience Guides
- Wireframe Annotation
- User Experience (UX) Testing Documentation
Samples: System Technical Approach | Website System Design Spec (2006) | Website User Experience Guide (contributor)
iXL (1998 – 2001)
One of the largest of the dot-com era web development and interactive agencies. Now part of Razorfish.
My title: Copywriter
- Copy for digital campaigns and e-commerce, recruitment, branding, and corporate websites.
- Engagement documentation: Authored creative briefs, branding and editorial styles guides.
- Business development: Wrote copy for company print advertising, proposals and pitch presentations.
Samples: See full client list and samples
Picture Network International (1993 – 1998)
Former Kodak subsidiary. Online stock photography seller and early digital asset management software developer.
My titles: Marketing Communications Manager. Promoted 3 times in 5 years from Writer > Editor > Staff Member, Software Product Management Group > Marketing Communications Manager.
- Website and digital asset management system product content
- Product marketing collateral (“one sheets”)
- Email marketing copy
- Brochure content
- Print advertising